Labels

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Principalities and Powers

When I think about demons I get nauseous and dizzy. I don't know why. In a way I am still afraid although I have dwelt with my fear. This is something that I should be praying for more, that I would truly deal with my fears. Yes, they are powerful, but if God is for me who can be against me?

I have the full armor of God- truth, righteousness, gospel of peace, salvation, faith, the Word of God, and prayer. Clothed in this I am invincible. This is something that I have to be constantly reminding myself of because I know that these principalities and powers want my faith to go limp; they want me to bend in terror but I will not. The Lord of Hosts is on my side. He defeats Satan in the same way he defeated the Philistines, Egyptians, Canaanites, etc. Victory is mine because victory is Christ's.
Lord, remind me of this truth always.

Yes, the first part of the armor of God is the belt of truth. I'm sure this is because the first place that Satan attacks is the truth of God. In the Garden of Eden Satan told Eve, "You shall not surely die...You shall be like God." This is how Satan gets to us, by tempting us into disbelief.

I become fearful because I do not practically believe the promises of victory in Christ. I do not believe that he is my strength and my stronghold. I am vulnerable when I forget and do not believe that what God says about himself is true.

So fuck this dizzy nausea. It's a farce. He who is in me is stronger than he who is in the world. Though I am weak, he is strong.

1 comment: